I have installed SQL Developer (with JDK) on Windows many times before, and almost all the time I receive the system error bellow when trying to execute it by the first time. Due to this, I decided to publish the solution to this annoying issue.
We can easily fix this issue by following these simple steps:
- Run regedit (remember to run it as the administrator)
- Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- Expand SOFTWARE
- Expand Microsoft
- Expand Windows
- Expand CurrentVersion
- Expand App Paths
- At App Paths, add a new KEY called sqldeveloper.exe
- Expand sqldeveloper.exe
- Modify the (DEFAULT) value to the full pathway to the sqldeveloper executable (See example below step 11)
- Create a new STRING VALUE called Patch and set it value to the sqldeveloper pathway + \jdk\jre\bin
- After the step 11 is completed, please enjoy your SQLDEVELOPER
Hope this tip would help you to solve this issue too!
Francisco Munoz Alvarez