First than all, I’ll like to apologize to all my friends and followers for the absence of posts on my blog for the last few months but this last months were very intense to me as you can see bellow.
The 2010 was a great year full of great, fantastic and wonderful experiences and news, so much activities and so many thanks to give, let’s take a closer look in how the 2010 was for me:
- Had the opportunity to participate in the organization of my first conference as the NZOUG president in March.
- Had the opportunity to participate in some great conferences (making new friends and meeting great old friends).
- NZOUG 2010 (Thank you to all NZOUG great team)
- Orcan Spring Conference 2010 (Thank you Patrik Norlander)
- EMEA Harmony 2010 (Thank you Heli Helskyaho)
- AUSOUG Insynch 2010 (Thank you John Bushell)
- AUSOUG Perth 2010 (Thank you Penny Cookson and Burke Scheld)
- NZOUG OTN Days (Auckland and Wellington, Thank you Thomas Kyte)
- SANGAM 2010 (Thank you to all AIOUG Team)
- OOW Brazil (Thank you Marina Neumann)
- ASUOC 2010 (Thank you Giovanna and Robin)
- Had the opportunity and the honor to organize and participate in the first Latin American OTN Tour (Peru, Chile, Uruguay, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador and Costa Rica)7 countries in 14 days with my friends Daniel Morgan, Hans Forbrich, Ronald Bradford, Thomas Kyte, Dana Singleterry and Ben Prusinski (Thank you all, and to OTN and the ACE Program without your help and support nothing of this could be possible), also I will like to say thank you to all the great people in the LA OUGs for all their commitment and effort, specially to Eduardo Hahn (Brazil), Ronald Vargas Quezada and Gerardo Brenes (Costa Rica), Robin Castro and Giovanna Bohorquez (Colombia), Miguel Palacios (Peru), Nelson, Alfonso, Edelweiss and Bruno (Uruguay) , Juan Puga and Felipe Manriquez (Chile) and finally Paola Pullas and Christian Pazmino (Ecuador)
- Had the opportunity to organize and promote more than 20 webinars to NZOUG and the Latin American Communities. (Thank you to all fantastic speakers and friends for your wonderful support: Arup Nanda, Alex Gorbachev, Daniel Morgan, Hans Forbrich, Ronald Bradford, Debra Lilley and Ben Prusinski.
- Supported my online community in Spanish and Portuguese OracleMania to keep growing
- Participated with some webinars for AUSOUG, NZOUG, LAOUC and AIOUG.
- After receive the ACE Award in 2008 and the ACE Director Status in 2009, had the honor to receive the “ACE Director of the year 2010 award” by Oracle Magazine Editors Choice awards.
- Had the opportunity to participate with Oracle APAC in the presidents meeting (Hong Kong) and the first ANZ Oracle and JUG meeting (Sydney)
- and to finish had a great year with my company DBIS (Database Integrated Solutions) that become a Platinum Oracle Partner and with my adorable family!
Here you can find some 2010 photos:
Took me some good time to think in my resolutions for 2011 and they are:
- Finish my first book
- Present some seminars in the Oracle Celebrity Seminars
- Organize the second LA OTN Tour (July or August 2011, looking for speakers, do you want to participate?)
- Organize the first APAC (Asia Pacific) OTN Tour (Late October early November 2011, looking for speakers, do you want to participate?)
- Organize the biggest and better Oracle conference that New Zealand ever saw(31 October and 1st November 2011)
- Open my company Education Division
- Open a new business with my wife
- Be a better father and husband
Thank you all, and please accept my wishes of peace, love, health and prosperity for you and your family in this new year that just started!
Francisco Munoz Alvarez
1 thought on “Bye bye 2010, Welcome 2011”
Congratulations on your efforts for 2010. This new year, I would like to participate in the OTN APAC tour and OTN LAD tour with new conference presentations.