This middle November, I will be presenting three sessions at one of my favourite events, the DB Tech Showcase in Tokyo, Japan. This is a free event, and if you are in Japan, please feel free to register and come to meet me at any of my following sessions (Dates and Times in Japan Time Zone):
- Friday November 18, 11:00AM to 11:45AM – 5 Reasons to Use Oracle Cloud Converged Databases for All Your Data and Workloads by Francisco Munoz Alvarez, and Heli Helskyaho (Track D)
- Friday November 18, 02:00PM to 02:45PM – Protect your data efficiently! Why You Shouldn’t Rely on Open Source Inspired Proprietary Databases for Business Continuity by Francisco Munoz Alvarez, and Heli Helskyaho(Track D)
- Friday November 18, 04:15PM to 05:00PM – The Story Behind Database Patching – Speeding Up and Improving Patching by Francisco Munoz Alvarez (Track D)
You can also register for free and watch other tracks online, like:
- Thursday November 17, 12:00PM to 12:45PM – How ZDM migrates and upgrades databases to Oracle Cloud by Ricardo Gonzalez (Track F)
- Thursday November 17, 04:00PM to 04:45PM – Terraform on Oracle Cloud – A Primer for DBAs by Sean Scott (Track E)
- Thursday November 17, 06:00PM to 06:45PM – Contact Tracing – How to Blend Spatial and Graph Technology by Edelweiss Kammermann (Track E)
Furthermore, APACOUC and Oracle are bringing you an amazing Oracle MAA (Maximum Availability Architecture) Masterclass (Full Day Workshop with live hands-on – So bring your laptop with you).
Join Oracle Development for a full-day deep dive workshop on updates on high-availability (HA) and disaster recovery (DR) best practices. Learn how Oracle has integrated MAA best practices into Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) to eliminate downtime, increase scalability, and ensure zero data loss. Explore critical HA and DR features such as Oracle Active Data Guard, Application Continuity, and Multitenant. Match your service-level agreements and best practices to the most suitable Oracle Cloud configuration to optimize business continuity. If you’re already familiar with Oracle MAA tiers, see how OCI automation empowers these reference architectures to get you to the next level.
As the cherry on the cake, discover and play (Hand’s on Lab) with Oracle MAA’s new kid in the block, “Oracle Full Stack Disaster Recovery, Full Stack DR for short,” which is a cloud-native service in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) that provides full-stack disaster recovery (DR) orchestration between OCI regions. Using it, you can create and automate DR run books and make them more flexible, manage DR operations using a single pane of glass, provide comprehensive logs with error management and recovery, perform DR recovery drills, and provide a framework to customize DR operations. Learn how easily you can automate the Full Stack Disaster Recovery orchestration for a cloud-native application deployed in OCI.
- Oracle MAA, What’s new from OCW (Oracle Cloud World)
- Active Data Guard (ADG) Deep Dive
- ADG versus Storage Remote Mirroring
- Far Sync and DGS
- Data Guard Mixed Encryption Configuration
- Automatic Block Repair
- Tips and Best Practices
- ADG on OCI & ExaCC (Maybe)
- DBMS_ROLLING and TAC Deep Dive
- Full Stack DR Deep Dive with Hands-on Lab
If you would be in Tokyo, Japan on November 17, come and join us for this full-day adventure. Use the following link to register now and ensure your spot (spaces are limited) – https://oraclemaajapan2022.paperform.co .
Francisco Munoz Alvarez